School is about to be back in full swing. Every school seems to be operating a little bit differently, but we want to make sure that regardless of how your schedule looks, you’re using the best practices to stay safe and keep your staff and students in good health. If you’re still trying to figure out the best schedule to prevent infection from the start, check out the CDC guidelines for monitoring and evaluation.
Keep in mind, here at Ohio Pro Solutions, we offer Janitorial services here in Dayton, OH. You can be assured that we will keep your classrooms maintained with medical grade chemicals to kill the virus lingering on any surfaces. We recommend at least a daily clean, but when reintroducing students, you might want to consider a more frequent clean. If you call us at 937-985-0530 we can discuss what your needs might be and suggest a plan that makes sense for your school/daycare. Put your trust in the Pros to keep you safe!
The Ohio Department of Health has this to say on the subject:
CLEAN ALL "HIGH-TOUCH" SURFACES EVERY DAY
High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
Between COVID-19 and sweaty bodies, gyms and fitness facilities are getting hit hard with the responsibility to keep their equipment clean.
With heightened responsibility for businesses, It is essential to have a plan to make sure your gym helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Get a professional on standby
Every business is vulnerable to having a customer/client/employee expose their facility to the disease. Even if you take the right precautions amidst your re-open stage, you are at risk of this, According to IHRSA.org, an association for health club members, getting a professional is a crucial step.
We recommend that you have a professional clean done once a day and disinfect throughout the day. For guidelines on what the CDC defines as the difference, visit their website here.
Here at Ohio Pro Solutions, we have highly trained professionals that work with medical grade chemicals to sanitize the entire facility and all equipment. If you are in Dayton, Beavercreek, Vandalia, Kettering, Centerville, Miamisburg, Huber Heights, or surrounding areas, give us a call or visit our homepage to get a free quote on your facility. We are a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating.
If you are not in the Miami Valley, we recommend finding a business with similar credentials to make sure they are fully up to date on best practices.
Get your staff on board
Research the best cleaning methods for the equipment and mats in your facility, and then create a cleaning plan for the staff to keep up on. Prioritize high traffic areas and frequently touched items such as doorknobs, and handles. The equipment should be disinfected after each use by a member, so structure your staffing needs to account for this.
Some fitness facilities have gone so far as to have their staff sign a formal agreement to adhere to their strict cleaning regimen. Throughout the day, have them sign off that equipment is disinfected.
Lastly, educate your members/clients
The National Academy of Sports Medicine has a great blog and this is what they have to say about educating your clients:As a fitness professional, you may want to teach your client how to prevent the spread of harmful germs. You can explain the process in three easy steps: cover, wipe, then wash.
1. Use a towel to cover the equipment when used during the workout to create a barrier between the client and the equipment surface.
2. Use a clean towel or a disinfectant wipe to clean the equipment surface after use. This especially applies to individuals who may sweat on the equipment.
3. Wash hands after the workout. This is a crucial measure to prevent the spread of harmful germs among individuals (Larson et al., 2007).
When it comes to getting your commercial kitchen spic and span, cutting corners is not an option.
Here are some tips to get it done:
Most of us are getting are getting prepared to get back into the office/workspace.
Without a vaccine or cure, we're still vulnerable to get the disease and therefore need to be responsible about our cleaning routines. Our recommendation, of course is to get a professional clean. We have the know-how and the chemicals needed to make sure you stay safe.
However, in between professional cleans, there are steps you can take to keep your employees safe.
At Ohio Pro Solutions, we work with a number of commercial, industrial, government, retail, and educational sites. These sites vary widely in their cleaning and janitorial needs, but in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, here are some of the strategies we’re using to keep our essential sites up and running.
Some common things we do to keep our clients safe:
Old School way of thought: Keep everything in house, because we can determine how much to pay someone and control their hours and have an idea of what they're doing.
New Way of thinking: Let me do what I know best in my business and l can outsource the work that I probably don't have enough hours for a full-time employee to accomplish anyways
1. Time = Money: Let's face it, you don't have the time to worry about the things you can't do yourself. Finding the right employee not only takes time in and of itself, but now you have to spend resources to onboard and train and supervise. And this is just the start if you hire someone that maybe isn't the right fit for the job.
2. Full time? Really?: Are you sure that you need to be spending a full time salary on someone to do what can be done by a couple of Pro's in a few hours?
3. Done vs Done Right: You can hire just about anyone to come in and scrub a toilet. Am I right? Let's be honest, what we do to help you doesn't require a degree, most everybody knows how to do it, but most people probably don't know how to do it correctly to prevent the spread of germs. Our trained professionals are thoroughly taught about the causes of germs, how to eliminate them and how to prevent the spread. If you live in Dayton, OH or the surrounding area like Kettering, Beavercreek, Centerville and Springboro, you can check us out. As a BBB accredited business, we strive to do the job right.
4. Preventative Action: Regular cleaning and maintenance in your office or commercial space can prevent germs from spreading and wreaking havoc in your office. Keep the germs at bay and keep your employees at their desks, instead of cashing in those sick days.
Ladies and Gentlemen: Welcome to winter in the Miami Valley: where half of us that got the flu shot, still end up with the flu because of a new strand.
Let your employees stick to what you pay them for. We can do all the dirty work.